"You made me feel really good today," he said.
I wracked my brain, trying to figure out how he had confused me with someone else or how I had unwittingly performed some act of Christian service while looking depressed, when he followed this comment up with, "You look so cute. It brought back some memories for me and made me feel good. Have a nice day."
Then he walked away.
I was wearing no make-up and my hair was pulled back in a tight bun.
Go figure.
This experience was almost as bewildering as what happened last week when another man (this one short and also middle-aged and probably not completely sane) approached me and said, "Did you put that outfit together yourself?"
I answered in the affirmative.
"It is so cute! You should go into business."
So, there you have it, folks. Apparently, I don't need to wear make-up or do my hair. And I can drop out of graduate school because I have a promising career in coordinating clothes.
I love crazy people.
1 comment:
Oh but it is true. You have STYLE and
a SMILE, what could be cuter.
Of course, I'm crazy too:)
Post a Comment