Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The benefits of mindless work

These past few days at work, I've been doing a lot of copying, pasting, and editing--important but not very mindful work. In order to keep myself going, I've been listening to BYU devotionals from bygone years. And, I must say, this site is changing my life.

I've thoroughly enjoyed listening all of the Hollands' devotionals from the time with Elder Jeffrey R. Holland was president of BYU. I may post more on these later.

I even listened to a devotional today given by my thesis chair. Very good.

Another highlight, which I re-discovered today, was a devotional given by Arun Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi.

You should probably listen to it right now. He tells some great stories about his grandfather.

Enjoy.

1 comment:

Sam Reed said...

That is cool. Mindless work is fun if you can make it enjoyable. I wish I could listen to something while I put milk on the shelf in the "cave"