Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Mountain West Burrito

Yesterday, I met up with a couple of friends from my graduate program to chat about our plans for fall courses and eat lunch at Mountain West Burrito in Provo.

Before I arrived, I was already impressed with this place because they cook with only fresh, organic, locally-grown food. Even their meat is free range. And, ever since I read Michael Pollan's In Defense of Food last month, I've become very self-conscious (maybe too self-conscious) about my food and where it's coming from. It's nice to have an option for eating out that I can feel good about.

I ordered a roasted veggie burrito with a side of guacamole. (Each burrito already comes with a side of chips and salsa.) The roasted veggie burrito featured pinto beans and rice (was it brown rice?), zucchini, green peppers, onions, and probably some other stuff I didn't notice (I was paying more attention to planning a first-year writing course than getting the details right). Whatever was in it, it was yummy! The portions sizes are perfect: very filling without making you sick. The price is also great: my meal (including the add-on guacamole) was $7 even. Considering the quality of food, this is quite impressive.

This place almost makes up for this area having no Chipotle. Pretty sure I'll be a regular. You should go too.

P.S. Since I don't have a camera, you can check out this blog and their lovely photoed review of Mountain West Burrito for a better idea of the deliciousness that awaits you.

No comments: