I'm leaving Boston for Dublin in just a few short hours! I thought I should wrap up my discussion of Boston before I forget all about it in the next few weeks.
On Thursday, I saw the awesome Boston Public Library, considered taking the eucharist at the Trinity Church but decided against it, and walked most of the Freedom Trail while clutching some Dunkin' Donuts mint hot chocolate (it was chilly). The Freedom Trail was fun. I saw lots of interesting historical sites--many of which were related to Paul Revere and his midnight ride.
After the Freedom Trail, I met up with Patrick and we went to Regina's Pizzeria in the North End. Apparently lots of famous people have eaten there. I know this because their signed photos were on the wall. Rob Lowe and Leonardo DiCaprio apparently think it's the best pizza in the world. I thought it was pretty good. We had a pesto pollo pizza. It had a little too much ricotta cheese for my taste.
After dinner, we went to the famous Mike's Pastries and got some canolis. Yum. But all that ricotta cheese made me feel a little sick. We tried going to to the Bunker Hill monument but it was really cold and the visitor's center was closed, so we ended up just chilling and watching a really bad 70s movie called The Andromeda Strain. I wasn't a fan, but it was entertaining and a nice end to a tiring day.
Friday, I went the Boston Museum of Fine Arts. I saw works from Monet, Van Gogh, Picasso, Degas, Sargent, etc. You know. No big deal. I also really enjoyed the exhibit on mummies and the contemporary art. I was there for three hours but didn't see nearly enough. I assuaged my disappointment by reminding myself that I have four more weeks of vacation and lots more art museums to visit.
After the MFA, I went to lunch with Patrick at CPK and then we went shopping. I love H&M. We finished off the evening at a Star Wars party with some people from Patrick's ward; it was May the Fourth after all (which I only found out recently is a thing). We watched The Empire Strikes Back. And had some incredibly awesome guacamole.
Goodbye, Boston. It's been fun.
My blogging might be a little more sporadic/non-exist over the next week while I'm in Ireland and England. I probably won't have access to a computer and I don't know how up I'll be for blogging from my iPod Touch.
No comments:
Post a Comment