Sunday, April 10, 2011

Decisions, decisions

As some of you may know, when it comes to big decisions, I like to agonize and analyze and over-analyze for days and weeks on end--a process that becomes occasionally irritating to my more decisive family members and friends.

Recently, I came up with a great solution to my indecisive nature: GoogleBATTLE. Rather than spending hours talking through decisions with anyone and everyone who'd listen, I'd just type my choices into GoogleBATTLE and go with the most popular option. Simple and efficient.

Tonight, in an attempt to make a major life decision, I typed two options into GoogleBATTLE, blithely confident that this test would solve my problems.

The result?

A tie.

Back to the drawing board.

8 comments:

xister said...

I lost your blog for a while, but I just found it again. Lucky you!

I think that there is a problem with GoogleBattle. I just tested like 8 different things and they were all ties. (e.g. If you do your name versus my name, it says it's a tie, but if you Google our names, mine is the clear winner.)

Meridith Reed said...

You're right--our names do show up as a tie. But when I googled them, it looks like I have 9 million results, and your name only has 3 million, so I'm not sure how you are the clear winner. ;)

And, yes, I'm very lucky that you found my blog again!

xister said...

Check again and count your zeros. Yours has nine hundred thousand; mine has almost four hundred million. Don't feel bad. I think that you've beaten me at Perudo... once. :)

Meridith Reed said...

I can count zeros, even though I'm an English major. The problem was that I typed in both first and last names, and I'm assuming you typed in only first names?

And, yes, I did beat you at Perudo that one time. I'm glad you haven't forgotten it. :)

xister said...

I stand corrected.

Stacia said...

Haha! That's so funny Mer! I'm sorry it was a tie and you had to continue agonizing! So what did you decide? ;)

Stacia said...

Oh and after reading the comments above, I have to remind Patrick that Mer beat you at that stock game you love so much, TWICE!!! Hahhaaha! I conclude that Meridith is therefore superior! Sorry Patrick. ;)

Meridith Reed said...

Did I beat Patrick twice? I think I just beat Chris twice.