Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Adventures in studying

So I'm studying in the little alcove off the main hallway in the JFSB. Another guy who is also studying in this area just got off a loud, long telephone conversation. Now, I know this is not the library, but everyone in this area is quietly studying--some are quietly sleeping. Common courtesy requires not having a long cell-phone conversation--or, at the very least, it requires hushed tones. This guy talked for nearly half an hour about dating, Halloween costumes, etc. in a loud voice just outside the alcove. At the end of the call, he said, "Well, it was nice talking to you, Grandma and Grandpa," and hung up his phone. He then walked back into the alcove, laid down and slid underneath one of the benches, and, using his backpack as a pillow, went to sleep.

I'm thinking it's probably time for me to get my cellphone out.